Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring action cards

A friend on the Cropchocolate.com site asked the question, how do you use those spring things in a card?  So, I made a couple of them to demonstrate how easy they are to use.  The spring mechanism, stamp set and paper is all from Close To My Heart.  If you are interested in ordering any of it, follow the link to my website to order (julieodil.ctmh.com)

I used window cards, cut with my Cricut and the Close to my Heart Art Philosophy cartridge to show the spring mechanism to the fullest extent.  You can also use these springs in the inside of a regular card so it pops open when the reciver turns to the inside of the card.  Here are a couple close ups of the first card.





And, here's three pictures of the second, very similar card I made.  Only the owl is different.



If you need more specifics on how to make these, or help in getting the supplies, please leave me a comment. 


3 comments:

  1. love the cards, I have the owl stamp sets, so I may have to do a little scraplifting....
    MomCleo Anne on CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Thanks for the info...this is great!!
    Laura/blueyedmama on CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, I like these springs, I have been thinking of trying them. Do you know where to get a good price on these, the only place that I've seen them they were pretty costly.

    ReplyDelete