Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Shower of Birthday Wishes

I've been practicing my shading with my Copics.  I colored this girl, using her as a birthday card for a good friend, and using her in a couple of Springtime challenges.


I used a Unity stamp set, Lizzie Girl (Showered in Love), Carta Bella Kraft cardstock for the base, and a small piece of My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary paper I have been hoarding.  I'm particularly pleased with how well her boots match the paper -- one of the things I'm working on with my coloring.

I used this card for cropchocolate.com's challenge this week -- something you do on spring break.  In my case, it always rains when I'm on vacation, so I always need an umbrella.

I'm also entering this card in:
crafty creations challenge, singing in the rain
Oozak's challenge #12:  anything goes with spring
MarkerPop's Spring Bling challenge #18

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you are doing at great job with your Copics!! Cute image and cute paper to match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the coloring! Love the colors you chose and very nice use of the Unity stamp. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Creations! I hope you get to join again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, I'm a big fan of the 'clean and simple' style!

    Thanks so much for playing along with the MarkerPOP! Challenge! :)
    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Thanks for sharing at the Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for spring! He he I know it must happen but I hope the rain stays away just a bit though. So glad you could join us for the Oozak Spring challenge! Cath DT

    ReplyDelete