Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Beauty Makeover -- did it work?

I got your interest on that title didn't I?  Well, the makeover wasn't for me (hopelesss, I'm afraid), but rather for a card challenge.  Crafty Creations Challenge blog has a CASE/re-invent yourself challenge this week, and I've been wanting to put something together for it all week.  This is the last day of the challenge, but I'm squeeking this one in under the wire.  I'm going to show you the former card first, then the "beauty makeover" of it.

Here's the old card:


I made it so long ago that I can't remember a lot of details. I recognize the cardstock as Echo Park because it's a different color on each side.  The pinwheel stamp is from Close To My Heart, and the heart punches are Creative Memories. I used a Spellbinder die for the background shape and a cloud corner rounder on the edges of the card. The Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher did the stapling and I have no idea what kind of twine it is. Those of you familiar with cropchocolate.com will recognize some of the infamous celery ribbon.  It's not a bad card, but it's pretty plain.  My style has evolved since this card.
 
Now, for the makeover:
 

This card uses October Afternoon's Cake Walk papers, Pick Your Plum baker's twine, Close To My Heart cranberry ribbon, the same Spellbinder die, Tiny Attacher, corner rounder and heart punch as the above card, and a Unity Stamp of the Week, {no.bunny}. I used some green Stickles on his necktie, and colored the bunny with Copic markers. It was stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink, as is the sentiment.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
          Crafty Creations Challenges CASE/re-invent yourself
          All That Stickles green linky party
          Oozak's "Anything Goes with Spring" challenge
          Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes" challenge (Tim Holtz tiny attacher)
          Really Reasonable Ribbon's "Show Me the Green" challenge
          Ribbon Carousel's "Spring is in the Air" challenge
          Love To Scrap! Challenge #1 "Anything Goes"

Please leave me a comment and let me know if my beauty makeover was a success!

16 comments:

  1. Indeed, Julie...you have come a long way, baby! :) Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Cute image and wonderful happy colors! I love how you used the twine as a frame! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Love the makeover!! Great work, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the makeover Julie. It sure DID work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found time to play with us at Crafty Creations Challenges, Julie! Your CASE is so cute, and perfect for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for Easter. Thanksfor playing with Love to Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could really do this with some of my oldies. I think you did a fabulous makeover. Your bunny is cute!! Thanks for playing with Love To Scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful makeover. Thanks for linking at Loves to scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your talent with us in the very first Love To Scrap! "Anything Goes" Challenge! Such an awesome entry! And your makeover is wonderful! ;)
    Hugs,
    Leslie, DT
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen a card makeover before. You new card is just so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Love to Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card thank for linking it up at all that stickles cynthia-dt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Love to Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful card! thanks for playing with "Love to Scrap".

    ReplyDelete