Friday, March 22, 2013

I'm still thinking green -- FWF

I have 3 cards to share with my FWF peeps this week.  Both have some Unity stamps and some others on them.  I'll get to it.

First, a St Patrick's Day card I made for my husband.  It's the first digi stamp I've used.  I know, I know.  I'm late jumping on this band wagon.  But when I have a scrap room full of red rubber I haven't need to try to master yet one more thing.  But it's intrigued me.  So, I found this cute little freebie and decided to see if I could figure out how to size and print him.  Here he is:


I'm not even sure what sort of character he is, but there you have it, my first digi.  I used a sentiment from the Unity Feb. Kit of the Month.  I also used green Stickles and Creative Inspirations paints in sage and mellow yellow on the shamrocks. He's colored with Copic markers.

My next card is a birthday card for one of my staff.  She lives on a lake that is still very much ice covered.  On last report, the ice fishermen tell me there are 28 inches of ice.  It'll be awhile until she's sitting on her dock, even if the calendar says it's spring.  Here's her card:


The dock and birds are from Raisin Boat. The sentiment is from the Unity set "Sweet Celebration Birthday".  My friend, Miwa, first introduced me to this stamp set and I just love it. 

I used a brayer on this second card.  It was one of the first stamping tools I got and I haven't had it out in a couple years.  I almost forgot how to use the thing.  I was trying to get kind of a sunset effect, but then I realized I had started the wrong direction on the paper.  Instead, I have green water.  I made two of them, and on the second one, when I turned the paper around, it looks more like a sunset, but the sentiment doesn't show up as well in the darker ink on the bottom.  What's a girl to do?

And, one more card with no Unity at all, but I want to get it on my blog for some challenges.  The stamp is from Wild Rose studio. I got it so I could practice coloring with my Copics.  I used MME Nostalgia 12x12 papers and ribbon from the Ribbon Carousel. Glitter Domes are Marc Richards.



I have a giveaway going on right now.  I was a guest designer yesterday on the All That Stickles Blog. I realized when organizing my Stickles for that post that I have some duplicates that need a good home. There's also 6x6 paper, stamps and some bling. To be eligible to win, just make a comment sometime this weekend on any of my blog posts (including this one), follow my blog if you don't already, and I'd appreciate it if you'd check out my Stickles post from yesterday.  It uses one of my favorite Unity Itty Bitty stamps.

I'm entering these cards in the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations -- Go Green
Reasonable Ribbon's -- flowers and ribbon challenge
Ribbon Carousel's Spring is in the Air challenge
Simon Says Stamp -- Easter/Spring
MarkerPop Challenge -- use glitter
Raisin Boat's Easter/Spring challenge

Enjoy your weekend!  Thanks warm, happy weather.

 

27 comments:

  1. These are great cards! Love that cute last one! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, Julie! And I'm so glad you got the Sweet Celebration set - I totally love it! I just started collecting digis, too - but I have to admit, I do like the fact that you can resize them. Still... there's nothing like the sweet smell of Unity rubber in the craft area... ahhhhh... :) Now I'm off to go check out your Stickles post - congrats on being a guest designer there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Stickles could always have a welcoming place to live with me, Julie. :P Great cards today, fun mix of stamps and digis and different companies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are very cute. But my favitore is the last one. great image and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your brayer work! it looks great, the water is just reflecting the sunset instead! that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cards! I love that pier so much! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow Julie!! Those are all great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three are beautiful yet so different. Already following.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. all your cards are beautiful ! especially love the sunset card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card! Such a sweet image and great colors! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun cards, Julie. I especially like the brayered card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder if the green dude is a frog, and we just don't see his bumpy head? All of you cards make me smile, Julie, but I just want to do a jig when I look at this top hatted cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julie! Your cards look Awesome!! You've used a variety of techniques and they turned out great. The first card is really cute, and I love the brayer effect on your 2nd card, and your colouring is fabulous in the last card. Great job!! Have a wonderful weekend!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Took me right to the dock at the lake with the Birthday card. Beatutiful colors ... love the dock stamp. And green water isn't all that far from the truth (ha ha)

    Your copic coloring on the Easter card outstanding. Love the colors and seeing "Izzy" on the card.

    Thanks for sharing these darling cards. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great cards! I really like the colors on the dock birthday card. The first and last cards are cute

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards Julie I love the birthday one the most

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun, fun cards! I love all your cards, but the last one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your different techniques here! Way to go on using the digi!
    No new snow here but sure cold for March. The marriage seminar was really good! Off to see your Stickles post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What Cute Cards all of them including your Irish raindrop!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your win of one of the Unity gift cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous cards! Love the birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. All three of these are so sweet! Great work on all :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous cards, Julie! That brayer technique looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very sweet cards!

    Thanks so much for playing along with the MarkerPOP! challenge! :)

    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for joining in the Raisin Boat challenge. Love the dock card.

    ReplyDelete