Friday, March 15, 2013

It's All About the Green -- and Orange!

Top O' the morning to you, 3 Girl Jammers and Friends With Flair peeps!  Remember in school when the non-Irish kids wore orange on St. Patrick's Day?  I was somehow taken back to that period of my life when I found this My Mind's Eye paper, and thought it would be fun to mix green and orange on the same card to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

My Silhouette helped with the initial design of this card, and a Unity stamp set was used for the sentiment and label.  The gorgeous harvest orange ribbon is all 3 Girl Jam! (harvest bundle)  Aren't those pops of orange fun on there?  It makes me feel like a teenager again! Notice the green Stickles on there too, to really bring you good luck.

And, here's a close up of the ribbon and one of the lucky four leaf clovers (dusted with lucky leprechaun ink, of course!)


I made another, more traditional, toned down version of the card, too.

 
It uses the same Silhouette card file and the same Unity Lucky Friend wood stamp, but different paper and ribbon gives it a totally different look. This card has sterling ribbon from the Celebrations 3 Girl Jam bundle. And an angel pin from the Pinque Peacock. The twine is Close To My Heart. I used some Creative Inspirations paints in sage and sunshine yellow on the 4-leaf clover.
 
I'm entering this card in Unity's Friends With Flair
Creative Inspirations Paints Go Green Challenge
All That Stickles Green Linky Party
Ribbon Carousel's Spring is in the Air challenge
Oozak's Anything Goes with Spring challenge
 
Please link up with us at the 3 Girl Jam All About the Green with Ribbon Challenge 
 
 
 
 


29 comments:

  1. nice card Julie. Love the color combi & the stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always put orange with the green on my St. Patrick's Day cards. Nice contrast, plus it's the colors of the Irish flag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both cards... It's so cool when you use same design with different colors... and see the difference... Same feeling when you give same materials to several scrappers and the results are so different. This is one of the reasons I love this hobby. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Julie! Great cards! Love the file you've used here! They both turned out so cute! Headed back to MN this afternoon, we've had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie! These are awesome cards!! Love the silhouette cuts and the cute stamp. May the luck of the Irish be with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these cards, especially the one with the bright orange, so FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I love green and orange, it totally works! Cool cards. Thanks for joining us for FWF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice cards. I like the orange with the green scheme. It really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are awesome but I love the green and orange!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok! Love this card and color combo! I just got my silhouette. Can't wait to make some great cards like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Happy St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love all the green.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute from an Irish girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And here I thought that everyone was Irish on St Patrick's Day! These cards are awesome, Julie. I do like the extra pop of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome cards Julie I love them both

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy St.Patricks Day to you Julie! Love the combination of the orange and the green. Terrific cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that you created so that your blog is wearing the green! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards, Julie!!! While they are both fabulous, that addition of the orange really packs a punch! So striking...I love it!!!

    Btw...I received my prizes and just wanted to say that I love them!!! Thank you so much for your generosity, but especially for your friendship! I am so thankful that our paths crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, especially love the first card - love all the details and wow, those colors work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing cards! Love how you created the shamrocks!!
    Thank you for joining in on the Creative Inspirations Paint challenge!
    Michelle, dt member

    ReplyDelete
  22. GORGEOUS card!Love it!I am a New Follower.
    Orange & Green are 2 of my favorite colors.The colors of my kitchen...
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Julie!! Love the orange and green! What a fantastic card!!
    I missed FWF due to traveling for a wedding, but had to check out the projects from my favorite peeps

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally love both of your cards!!! Thanks for sharing them at CI Paints!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card - I love the green and orange and the die cut shamrocks too! Thanks for playing along with Oozak's spring challenge!

    ReplyDelete