Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cotton Candy and Gelatos -- it's making me hungry!


The current linky party at All That Stickles is Cotton Candy.  Maybe it's the color name, but something about it made me want to break out my Gelatos and play with them while making this card. Since, I'm the artist, that's exactly what I did!  Here's my Cotton Candy Stickles, plus Gelatos card:


I put 3 different colored Gelatos on a craft sheet, spritzed some water on them, then used my finger to mix the Gelatos and water together.  Then, I used them as my ink pad, stamping on to watercolor paper.  The cotton candy flower was heat embossed, then fussy cut.  The stamp set is from Raisin Boat, and it's Really Reasonable Ribbon.  And, of course, Cotton Candy Stickles. 

Don't forget to link up your Cotton Candy creations to the current linky party here.  You have through May 24.

Come back and visit tomorrow for the All That Stickles monthly blog hop.  We're touring the Ice Cream Shoppe. Yummy!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp -- flower power
Sister Act Card Challenge -- anything goes
Crafty Creations Challenges -- KISS
Ribbon Carousel -- Celebrations
MarkerPop -- May Flowers
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday -- #109 Flowers

7 comments:

  1. Love the gelatos effect with the stamping! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh--pretty!! Love it, Julie! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gelatos flowers are really GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see what you've come up with for our HOP HOP HOP tomorrow! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Julie! I have some Gelatos coming in the mail to try... and I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using the Gelatos to stamp with turned out to be fabulous! What a gorgeous background for a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I have some gelatos still in the package. I have an extra day off this week and hope to play a little with some of my newer, untouched craft supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Great technique! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete