Thursday, May 9, 2013

My last project for the Crop Chocolate Design Team -- Oh, it makes me sad! :(

Tomorrow, my favorite online retailer is closing their doors.  They are going to try to keep the social end of the site up and running, but we'll see what happens.  But my duties with their team end with my final post on The Crop today.  Stop by and see mine, along with 2 other DT sisters projects.

This month was switcheroo month.  Since I'm usually on the layout/cards team, I was to do altered art/home décor -- something like that.  I chose to make a couple mini canvases.  They were super quick to make.



I cut out the shapes with cardstock on the Cricut, covered them with washi tape by Doodlebug, and applied them to the 5x7 canvases with foam squares.  You could use any shape you wanted for these canvases.  I'm calling this art, "Love House", and "Key to my Heart". Both of them hang by the laundry room.

I hope this inspires you to try something similar. Stay in touch all my CC friends! I don't want the friendships to end!

3 comments:

  1. I'll definitely stay in touch with you Julie!! Love reading your blog! It IS sad that CC is closing their retail doors--boohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love them...Sad to see CC close as a retail establishment but I really am hoping they come up with something unique and set the crafting world ablaze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Julie - I received my beautiful card in the mail today. Thank you so much! I love it! I also appreciated the bug embellishments you chose. :) Thanks for being such a good scrappy friend!

    ReplyDelete