Saturday, June 8, 2013

Best Fishes, Dad!

My brother took my 82 year old father fishing yesterday.  He uses a walker, so even getting him in a boat is interesting.  But they caught some fish, and they spent time together on the water.  It sounds like it was a great day of father/son bonding.  Life is good when you're on the water, the fish are biting, the sun is shining, and the wind isn't blowing.
 
Knowing that my father loves to fish, and with Father's Day just around the corner, when I was asked to make a masculine card for Joy's Life, I knew a fishing card was in order.  Here's what I came up with:
 I used the Joy's Life Pun in the sun stamps set for the "Best Fishes" sentiment on this card. Isn't it punny?
 
 
and, a bit of a side view so you can get the easel effect of this card.  I cut the card out on my Silhouette.  It made for a very easy easel card. The fish image came from the Silhouette store.  It can be found here.  I used some Distress Stickles in Forest Moss to make it look a little more like a Northern or a Musky. All paper is Close To My Heart. I used a Viva Décor Pearl Pen for the eye on the fish.
And, that's it for this card.  Please check out my other post for today, too.  I have a Print and Cut card for the Silhouette Challenges blog. Come play along with us! Win great prizes!
 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
 
Raisin Boat -- Father's Day challenge
Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog -- masculine/Father's Day
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday -- Anything Goes
Crafty Creations -- one for the boys
Creative Inspirations Paints -- Father's Day challenge
 



10 comments:

  1. Great easel card! I like the Stickles and the perfect patterned papers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the touch of sparkle on the fins, makes me think of water droplets when the sun hits them as he's jumping out of the water :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fishy card :-). I'm sure your dad will too!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute center step card!! Love the fish! The added glitter on its fins is a perfect added touch! Your dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card design and that fish in the center is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card - I have only made one and now You have inspired me to want to make another- I love the fish in the center with the glitter on its fins
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Julie, I love the fish and the colours are just perfect for it.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it julie! love this type of cards :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh now this is the card for my husband. I just made that same cut for his card today. Thanks for joining us at the Raisin Boat challenge three time this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute, and I love the fun fold! Thanks so much for joining us for the Creative Inspirations Paint challenge! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete