Monday, June 10, 2013

I'm Always Up for a Challenge!

There's a new challenge starting today on the Get Inky! Challenge blog.  Click on over there to see if you were one of the winners of the Good golly glitter challenge and see all the other inspiration posted there today. Today starts the Masculine card challenge. Here's the project I have posted, with a few details of how I made it:


I used the Get Inky! Stamps set Joyful Jar Drinks and did a little masking to get the sentiment for this. I bent the rules just a little bit and, instead of making a masculine card, I made a masculine project -- a gift card holder.  It's a briefcase gift card holder, found here in the Silhouette Store.  It will fit a credit card sized gift card perfectly.  Here's another angle of it:
 

 
 
The butterfly is a leftover from a Silhouette card I cut out awhile back. I put some Cotton Candy Stickles on it to bling it up a bit. And the flower was a discard from another project. It's blinged up with Peacock Feathers distress ink and Turquoise Stickles.  Oops. Did you notice that it was missing in the first pic? Sammy ate one and I had to make another.  He's my dog, not my husband, in case you're wondering. He eats almost anything.  That would be both my dog and my husband. I used Echo Park 12x12 paper on this, and tied a little Trendy Twine on for the finishing touch.
 
That's it for me today.  Have a great week!
 
I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp -- Masculine/Father's Day challenge
Reasonable Ribbon blog-- masculine with ribbon (or twine)
Crafty Creations -- one for the boys
Raisin Boat -- Challenge #11 -- Father's Day


8 comments:

  1. This is great Julie!! I really like it! I had to laugh when I read that part about Sammy being your dog, not your hubby...*giggle!*
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! So much fun... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great. The twine is perfect for the papers on the gift card holder I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute project! Love this

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project and just perfect to hold a gift card for the special guy in your life!! Thanks for joining our Masculine Challenge at RRR!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project! Love the briefcase! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a great project. The briefcase i a perfect idea for a Dad. Thanks for joining the challenge at Raisin Boat this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little Briefcase...so cute!!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete