Sunday, June 30, 2013

It's red, white, and blue! Get Inky! Challenge!

The newest Get Inky! challenge started on June 24th and will go until July 7th.  If you've been working on Patriotic projects, come link up and try to win some great prizes.  I went very non-traditional with this one, but I love the results:
 
 
I used the Joyful Jars stamp set from Get Inky! Stamps, available here.  These stamps are wonderful to use -- they stamp crisp and clean and clean up beautifully, time after time.
This card was so fun to create.  I started with Glitz Designs Vintage Blue 6x6 papers.  The card base is 6 1/2 x 5 as the jar itself is so large, in order to fit the flowers on the layout, I needed larger than the standard A2 size card.  I stamped the jar on white cardstock and fussy cut it.  I stamped it again on vellum and fussy cut again.  I stamped the label stamp on a light colored yellow Glitz DP and fussy cut that, then stamped the sentiment on it.  The flowers are a Spellbinder poppy die.  I ran white cardstock through my Grand Calibur 3 times, then colored the flowers with Copic markers, using the back side of one of the flowers.
To assemble the card, I started with the layer of blue DP, and a bit of yellow at the bottom because the paper was 6x6 and the card was 6 1/2 inches.  Then, I ran a layer of Scor-Tape, and semi-pleated some 3 Girl JAM red ribbon from the new Red, White, and Blue bundle.  Next, I attached the white jar to the base of the card.  Then, I arranged the flowers how I wanted them, gluing them down when I liked the look, and using foam tape on the middle clump to add dimension.  I added the vellum layer over the stems so they'd look like they were inside an actual jar or vase, then added the label with the sentiment to the top. Lastly, I tied a double bow out of the same red 3 Girl JAM ribbon.  And, that's my red, white, and blue card for the current Get Inky! Challenge!  Hope you like it!


1 comment: