Friday, February 6, 2015

I Ruff You! for The Cutting Cafe and FWF

It's Friday! It's Friday!  And, I have a very special card to share today.  Do any of you other pet lovers make cards for your pets to give to your spouses?  That's what I did for today's post.
At The Cutting Cafe, our assignment this time was anything with a Valentine's Day theme.  Regina has MANY files to choose from.  You can begin looking HERE.
I used a Valentine Window Card Tops set, and created this: 

Sophie, my Golden Retriever, will be giving this card to my husband on Valentine's Day.  He really is her favorite person.  She tells him in many different ways that she "ruffs" him.
The Golden Retriever is a stamp by one of my favorite artists -- Phyllis Harris.  It is co-branded by Unity Stamp Company. The dog is part of the set, "Brandy & Emma, Forever Friends."  In this case, though, it's "Sophie & Shaun, forever friends."  I colored the pooch with Copic markers, trying to make her the same color as our Sophie.  
The crinkle ribbon is from 3 Girl JAM. The Flair button and heart bling are from Close To My Heart.  The sentiment was computer generated.
I hope my husband likes his card.  Sophie worked hard on this one, snoring softly beside me the whole time I made it!
I'm linking this up to
 Unity's Friends With Flair
Creative Cutting Edge -- Valentine's Day
Craftin' Desert Divas - Red, Pink, and White
 

25 comments:

  1. Love that PH image, Julie! I have only given cards to our dog groomer "from teddy"...never to Joe. I might try that...for Father's day! hehe. Love this idea and your pretty card. So bright and happy! Have a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, you are too funny and I love your adorable card from your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I have a bulldog stamp that I used on my Valentine's Day card....lol Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge!
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought of making a card for our pets to give to hubby. They call him "vet dad"....and if he is giving them very much close attention, it is usu not for a very good reason. Ha. Besides, with 20 cats, 1 dog, and 2 chickens, I'd be busy 24/7 making cards for them to give him! :)

    Your card is just so sweet. I Ruff You.....so cute!!! Love your slightly mottled coloring on the pooch and all the hearts!!! Saw you on Unity FWF.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot,.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the little heart full of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is precious! I love the way this pup is looking to the side as if following the hearts. Really cute card for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute pun with the puppy. Darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card!

    Kim Rippere
    Craftisan Studios
    Design Team Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really gorgeous card and the story behind it makes it even more adorable. saying hi from FWF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came over from Unity FWF. I ruff your cute card. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    Designs By Dragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! Love that your dog gifts the hubs a Valentine's card. PH is also one of my faves, for sure - and you created something super special with her image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. how stinkin sweet is this Julie...i love that you made this with a doggie...what a great card my friend...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. This file has so many possibilities. Thanks for sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet card. Love the PH stamps. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card Julie! :) Love the dog representing Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, what a really sweet card!! Thanks for joining the linky party for Craftin Desert Divas!

    Kimberly
    CDD DT :)

    ReplyDelete