Thursday, September 24, 2015

Frugal Ribbonista -- for 3 Girl JAM

Are you as frugal as I am, saving scraps of paper and ribbon because they're too pretty to throw out? With ribbon, if it's an inch or less, I'm able to trash it, but longer than that, and I feel the need to keep it "just in case."  I have a project today that uses up scraps of ribbon.  I don't know about you, but it makes ME happy to find a home for some of those short ribbon pieces I've been hoarding :)



I found this tote bag cutting file in the Silhouette Design store.  It was perfect for what I was looking for.  I used some double sided paper from Close To My Heart.  To decorate the bag even more than that pretty butterfly, I tied some short pieces of 3 Girl JAM crinkle ribbon to both handles of the tote.  One piece was a bit longer, so I used that one to tie both handles together, and to make a bow.



Scraps of 3 Girl JAM ribbon, prettily decorating this bag.  Ah yes, it makes me very happy!  

Ribbons used:  Sterling from the Celebrations Bundle and Peach and Mint from the Tie Dye 3 Bundle.  

Tired of using your scraps? Need some of this wonderful ribbon, and other great 3 Girl JAM products for yourself? Use discount code JO10 for 10% off your entire order.  Or, take advantage of this month's ribbon special, getting the Bundle of the month for just $1 with purchase.

Don't forget about the current challenge going on on the 3 Girl JAM Challenge blog:  Anything Goes with Ribbon.  Come link up -- you have a few more days.

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady...remember me?! I haven't forgotten you my crafty friend. Been swamped with a window "redo" that has taken way too many weeks then caught myself a nasty bug that has had me down for a week...during the "redo" needless to say...I'm cranky. I thought I'd come cheer myself up over here since I haven't been on your blog in a LONG time. So...about your project, yes...i save stuff for WAY too long. Been doing a clean out of my stash. I have sworn myself to no more purchases until I use up some of this "STUFF". Your sweet bag is darling, so cute and full of summer. It makes me happy too!

    ReplyDelete