Friday, September 11, 2015

You're Awesome! A Tutorial

It's Friday, and that's awesome!  So are you, and so is the opportunity to post on the Crafty Sentiments Inspirations blog.  
I have a short tutorial there today on one of my favorite techniques -- pleating ribbon. 

First, the completed card:


This rubber stamp is part of the Warm Summer Days A6 Stamp Set.  I colored her with Copic markers and Lyra Rembrandt Polycore pencils. 

For the ribbon technique -- below is everything I used -- card base, patterned paper, image, and sentiment.  There's double sided tape across the top of the card, and the ribbon that I'm going to pleat.

Maybe it's because I'm left-handed, but I found it easier to turn the card upside down and have the edge I was pleating closest to me.  I started at the outside edge (either one), and gather the ribbon, pinching it every 1/2 inch or so, sticking it the double sided tape as I go.  Be careful to keep it straight along the top.  It's easy to get going crooked if you're not paying attention.  Trust me, I've done this!

This is what it looks like after I've gotten started....
Once the ribbon get all the way across, cut it straight across the card edge with a sharp scissors.  Assemble your card, tie a bow, embellish as desired, and your card is complete! Awesome!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
In the Pink -- Ribbons and Bows


3 comments:

  1. The scallop edges are perfect with this image. LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just darling!! Thank you for sharing the tutorial.
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card with a beautiful distressed seam binding ruffled ribbon and bow!

    Thanks for sharing at In The Pink - good luck and hope we see you again soon!

    Christine (DT)

    ReplyDelete