Sunday, May 15, 2016

Just Because -- for Coloring Without Boundaries

It's time for a new showcase at Coloring Without Boundaries. You'll see many wonderfully colored Lacy Sunshine creations if you visit the blog.  They are all drawn by the uber talented Heather Valentin.

Today, I had the joy of coloring up Mushi - Briar Whimsie:





I colored Mushi - Briar Whimsie with Copic markers.

Here's the colors I used, starting with skin:

I started out coloring all the skin first, using E000, E00, E04, E11, E21, R20, R21, and R22


Next, I colored the hair:

I used V04, V12, BG05, & BG11.  This was a new color combination for me, but I liked how easily it blended together, and I'll certainly use it again.


The rest of the colors used are:

Eyes -- BG000, B12, B14
Wings  & Skirt-- V000, V01, B000, B01
Top -- BG11, BG32
Shorts and arms -- B41, B45
Belt and Stockings -- BV000, BV01, BV04
Mushrooms -- Y23, Y26, Y28, Y35, Y38

I cut out the colored image with a Die-namics cross stitched die.  The card base was cut out on my Silhouette Cameo, using a file found in the Silhouette Design Store.  The flowers were purchased at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  All papers are from Close To My Heart, except the X Press It Blending Card.

Please check out the Coloring Without Boundaries blog for more inspiration and a challenge that starts today with this showcase.   Join the Coloring Without Boundaries Facebook Group and the Lacy Sunshine Color N Craft Facebook Group, too.

Heather Valentin has been publishing some incredible Adult Coloring Books.  You can find them all on Amazon!  Get shopping!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
IDCB -- ATG
Crafty Calendar -- Things with Wings
Let's Color Linky Party -- ATG
Crafting With Friends -- ATG


3 comments:

  1. Cute card and image. I love the color choices and the hair is awesome also.. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Billie A (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab card Julie. Love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Calendar and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nicely colored and wonderful card design!
    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Ellie
    Let's Color Linky Party
    Critters & Creatures Linky Party

    ReplyDelete