Friday, May 19, 2017

A Watercolor Thank You -- for Pickled Potpourri

Happy Friday, everyone!  I'm posting today for Pickled Potpourri.  I discovered their digital stamps when using them for a challenge blog and loved them (and their reasonable price!) so begged to be on the team!  Here I am today with my first official card and a tutorial.
First, a view of the finished card:


I used Pickled Potpourri's Dahlia digital stamp for this card.  The 'thank you' sentiment is part of the Rose Sentiments set.

Here's how I colored the Dahlia digital stamp:

I started by adding the colors I wanted to use on a palette.  I used watercolor crayons. These are the colors I used on the flower petals.  I used a fairly dry brush. I tend to dip my brush, then pinch it with my fingers before using it. 

Here's those 3 colors blended on one flower...

all three flowers completed:
I worked on shading each of them a bit differently.

Last, I needed to finish the stems and leaves.  I used the same technique:

Here's one more view of the finished card:

There you have it!  This Dahlia digital stamp was perfect to practice my watercoloring technique with.  It's pretty no fail, and very fun!  Check it out for yourself!

The card was cut out on my Silhouette Cameo, with a file I found in the Silhouette Design Store.  The flowers are from my stash.  They started out white and I inked them with a couple colors of Tim Holtz distress inks. 

I'll be back later in the month with another Pickled Potpourri post.  Yeehaw! 

2 comments:

  1. Julie, love this card and what great colors. Thanks for sharing that wonderful technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!!Awesome coloring!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete